Quick Fixes By A Plumber For Annoying Problems

People often become accustomed to minor plumbing issues that develop over time, even if those issues were annoying at first. They may not think about it further unless a friend or relative comments on the dripping faucet or running toilet. They also might start thinking about these problems if they’re planning to have guests stay for several days and they don’t want those guests to leave with a negative impression. A plumber can fix all sorts of minor repairs quickly and at an affordable price.

Dripping faucets are common problems. They might start out dripping once every couple of minutes, with the situation gradually escalating to drips every 10 or 15 seconds. This can waste a substantial amount of water and it can be difficult to stop noise from drops of water hitting the sink. Sometimes replacing a washer is all that’s needed, but depending on the design, an entirely new faucet may be necessary.

In some cases, it isn’t the faucet that leaks, but the handles alongside the tap. This problem typically occurs when the water is running. A faucet with an attached lever to control water flow also can leak from that lever. Another problem with this part of the sink occurs with a faucet controlled by one knob situated above the tap. The interior hardware can become stripped, allowing the knob to spin. A plumber also can fix or replace bathtub and shower control knobs that leak.

A toilet that continues to run after flushing also wastes water and can lead to condensation building up on the exterior of the tank. This also occurs when a slow leak in the interior hardware forces the apparatus to add water several times between flushes. That condensation can drip onto the floor and cause mildew to develop and even damage the floors. In addition, having to return to the bathroom to jiggle the toilet handle gets irritating, especially if it happens in the middle of the night. Sometimes replacing one interior component solves the problem, but in other cases, the entire apparatus must be replaced by a company such as Drain Right Services. You can also connect with them on Facebook for more updates.

Be the first to like.

Share This